Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years!

Silly me, I tuned in to the network coverage of Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve show at 11:55 p.m., expecting to see the ball drop in Times Square.

I forgot that they do all that rockin' New Years coverage leading up to Midnight in the Eastern time zone, not Central. Oops! You would have thought I'd have learned my lesson by watching the TV coverage of New Years during the transition from 1999 to 2000, as we all waited to see if the power would go out on the East coast first. Except I happened to be watching that year in Columbus, OH, which is on Eastern time.

Oh well. Instead of Dick Clark or even Ryan Seacrest, they had some total boy band a$$ clowns up on stage some place in LA, and no one in the crowd looked like they were over 23. New Years must be a young person holiday.

Even if my wife and I could get a babysitter for long enough to allow us to attend a New Year's party, we always know that the kiddos will be awake at 6:45 a.m., so we simply can't afford to stay up that late any more. My current circumstance notwithstanding, mind you.

Have a happy New Year! I can't believe we're nearing the end of another decade already. 2009! *** John Cusack Movie Reference Alert! *** "TEN YEARS, MAN! TEN YEARS!"

No comments: