Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Amazing Snuggie!

So, travel has long been a way to experience new foods, new cultures, you name it. Going back to the days of Marco Polo and long before him, travelers and merchants have sought out exotic new lands, new peoples, and new products to purchase.

So it really is no surprise that traveling to another part of the U.S. still remains an effective way of seeing new things or new products. Having come to Montgomery, AL this week, I discovered for myself one of the most amazing, exotic new products ever. I saw, for the first time, commercials on TV for the Amazing Snuggie!

Yes, it's called the Snuggie, and here's the website. Yes, it's one of those "As Seen on TV" brands. I can't grab a picture very easily, so you'll have to click through the link to watch the commercial, which auto-runs on the website. That itself is annoying enough, and then I get the ads on any of the different cable channels here in the hotel.

I just can't imagine anyone thinking this is a good idea for a product, much less buying one. Maybe, if you swore you would never, ever be caught dead in a Snuggie by neighbors or friends, it might make a little bit of sense. I just can't stomach the images of the actors warming themselves in front of the fireplace, playing backgammon, watching the kids play soccer, or roasting marshmallows over the fire together as a family. It's ridiculous! Don't forget that the Amazing Snuggie is open in the back, so sitting on metal bleachers would still get cold. It's lamealicious!

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! First of all, I'm not "spamming" you; I promise! Second of all, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, & I'm the "Original" Superior Scribbler! Third thing on my mind: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award; I'd greatly appreciate your vote, so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And 4th thing on today's agenda: I've got a cute "contest," of sorts, going on at my place every Sunday. Please come by this Sunday for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And, thanks for your support!

bigboid said...

Holy Cow! The Amazing Snuggie is even making it into the cartoons these days!

Check out Secret Asian Man for today:
http://comics.com/secret_asian_man/2008-12-22/