Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wow. What a Name!

So, I was heading in to my office yesterday when I saw the following bus parked out front of our building:
















I don't have a camera phone, so I actually pulled that photo from the GoLamers website. Apparently, these guys run a very successful charter bus line in Wisconsin and Florida, and they apparently were transporting some university's volleyball team for a match against the Fighting Illini this weekend.

All I can really say is that they must have the MOST... UNFORTUNATE... SURNAME... EVER!!!

C'mon, when you have to make a claim like this:

We at Lamers are committed to offering the newest and most meticulously maintained vehicles, as well as the most experienced and responsive staff. Traditionally, thousands of travelers rely on Lamers to make their trips a pleasure ... you can, too!

It can't be good, am I right?

Would you really want to walk off a bus labeled "Lamers" in bright red letters on the side? And would you really want to take the Lamers 2009 tour? Get in on the thirtieth anniversary tour in 2009! In Roman numerals, that becomes the XXX-rated tour! I've never been a big fan of any guided bus tour, so perhaps I'm prejudiced.

No comments: